APPLICATIONS OF COCO COIR IN GARDENING
We are living in a time when pollution is always an environmental-controversial topic. The levels of interest in the environment around us are increasing day by day. Therefore, individual growers, especially those who care about sustainability and do not harm the environment, have been looking for an ideal medium that becomes a soil alternative to create a healthy growing environment, thereby improving the quality and productivity of crops. It would be an omission not to mention coco coir, an ever more ideal growing medium for gardening practices, building a green and eco-friendly growing environment.
Some advantages of using coco coir in greenhouse farming:
- Helps maintain moisture: With outstanding properties such as good water retention as well as good drainage, coco coir helps the plants to absorb the right amount of water and avoid waterlogging, keeping the humidity stable, and helping plants grow stronger.
- Natural decomposition: Coco coir is a benign and extremely environmentally friendly growing medium, when decomposed in the soil, it will become natural nutrients for plants.
- Increase garden aesthetics: Natural and beautiful brown is a very good material to use in garden design, used to create paths or corridors between decorative fences, creating a natural, close-to-nature and environmentally friendly feeling.
- Prevent grass growth: Since coco coir evenly covers the surface of the soil, it helps to prevent weed growth, helping to reduce effort and cost for the protection of the garden.
- Preservation of grounds: Coco coir has the ability to withstand the effects of wind and rain, helping to prevent soil erosion, plant beds, and lawns, while also protecting the water supply from the ground.